Ascend supports Social Innovation Hackathon in Bamberg with technical equipment
Nuremberg, January 2020 – The Advent season last year was again a time of social commitment and good deeds. In Bamberg, bytabo® GmbH together with the Caritas Association for the Archdiocese of Bamberg e.V. invited 50 young programmers, creative and interested parties to solve five tasks in order to make Bamberg even more livable. To meet the various challenges digitally, a corresponding technical WLAN solution in the area of event IT was required – this was made available to the active volunteers of ASCEND, IT System House for Companies, Guests & Events.
“We are very pleased with the success of the event and the great support of ASCEND,” says Meike Gleiß from bytabo® GmbH. Projects that have been intensively worked on included
• the “Bamama” campaign, which needs an internet portal that provides mothers with a migrant background with the most important information about pregnancy and motherhood in Germany in simple words and pictures – for example, about free preventive examinations, which do not exist in other countries.
• the “Bambecher – less garbage in Bamberg” campaign, which with new logistics and marketing strategies sets itself the ambitious goal of completely freeing Bamberg from discarded coffee-to-go cups by 2023.
• the “Bambike – Bamberg Bike Sharing” campaign, which aims to provide free bikes throughout Bamberg and have them repaired by AEO volunteers to enable sustainability and ease traffic.
• “Gaia – Tinder dir Dein Ehrenamt”, a portal that brings together committed people with the right volunteer work through a short online questionnaire, and
• the Josefslädchen and “Friend instead of Stranger” who are also looking for volunteers and digital ways to find helpful people.
The projects could not be developed to market maturity in the 10 hours the Social Innovation Hackathon took. However, the final presentations showed great results. The winning group was awarded a voucher for a digital detox weekend in Franconian Switzerland. “Hopefully the enthusiasm will continue beyond the night and that the great projects will be completed,” says Johannes Fickeis, Managing Director of ASCEND GmbH, a specialist company for event IT and WLAN marketing.
Tel: +49 (911) 14 88 75-0
Fax: +49 (911) 14 88 75-99
We look forward to hearing from you!
Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.